Any members who are designated as uncertified or general labourers may wish to become certified. The requirements for this process are:
- A minimum of a grade nine education.
- A minimum of three thousand hours and eighteen months of Construction Craft Labourer (CCL) related work experience. (example: scaffolding, concrete, form work, excavation, working with small tools and blueprint reading).
- These hours and months need to be verified by your employer.
- A work experience application is completed along with confirmation of work experience documentation (completed by the employers).
- Return the application to the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (fee is $450.00).
- Register with the Alberta Labourers Training Trust Fund for the next CCL Upgrading course (held on a regular basis).
- The training will take place at the Alberta Labourers Training Center 12150- 154 Street in Edmonton.
- Write the test on the scheduled day.
If you are already Certified and wish to write the Interprovincial Red Seal there is no additional cost; however you are required to complete the IP Red Seal Application and return it to Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
The CCL exam consists of one hundred multiple choice questions and the minimum passing mark is seventy percent.
If you are unsuccessful a rewrite can be arranged for a fee of $100.00.
For more information contact Bernie at the training center